Cambridge Water will be replacing the old water main through the village from Cootes Lane in Fen Drayton through to Lairstall Drove, Swavesey commencing in March. This main runs along Hale Road (past the Windmill and allotments)-Taylors Lane-High St-Market St- Cow Fen-Lairstall Drove to the busway.
This will be carried out using traditional open cast trenching, which will necessitate complete closures of roads as the work progresses. Diversions will be in place and access will be maintained to properties and businesses, although there will be disruption. Leaflet drops will take place to all properties affected.
Initial information (dates to be confirmed):
- Hale Rd-Taylors Lane to High Street, commencing 4th March will require up to 4 weeks of road closure
- High St – 2 weeks of road closure
- Market St (southern side) – 2 weeks of road closure
- Cow Fen-Lairstall Drove, commencing 29th April, 2+ weeks of road closure
- There will be minor interruptions to the water supply locally but no prolonged loss of supply.
As soon as we have confirmed information on the dates for each stage of the work we will post it here.